Thursday, 27 October 2011
vrummm vrummm where to park?
hot topic, every one has an opinion; even those who say their open minded. Me? I say no matter how the end result is in configuration it's free, wether RV's are here and long term there my vote is that its free. I'm tired of the term "more" our visitors pay enough, you pay enough and I pay enough. Council regardless of who it is needs to actually hear the community on this. I have had more people say to me no pay parking than those in favour of it. what do you think?, how would you like it set up? so at the end of the day we can look at it and agree that it works and makes sense too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would like it set up as follows:
ReplyDelete- Free. Visitors pay enough
- Designated RV parking spots. RV parking along Main Street takes up so much room. What about turning the parking lot at the theatre into an RV lot??
- Offshore parking? Don't live here year-round, etc? Permit.
I don't like the RV's crowded around the parks, both at the Village Green and the small park at the end of 1st Street. I feel that everyone should be able to see the Park, see the children,not just a wall of RV's. I think RV parking in the paved lot beside the District makes sense, keep them off the streets and away from business frontage.(I don't run a biz downtown either :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I lived in the condos at the end of first a few years ago, I did not appreciate them camping overnight in front of the condos, obliterating any sight of the park we had, just a sea of white. But dont have a solution for that :(
Honestly the town is so small, what is a block or two? When I go on holidays, I walk all day. There needs to be foresight and planning so that it makes sense when they arrive at our condensed downtown area. I have even heard a suggestion of turning Campbell Street into a one way, with a loop right down Main and then back to 4th and Campbell... how feasible is that?
Thank you for standing up last night Garth, I appreciated your common sense and heart.